Thursday, December 31, 2009

Dance, Dance The Fears Away

This Sunday is the 2nd annual Breakthrough Fusion Competition its a chance to take whatever style of bellydance that one does, bring in some other styles and see what happens. No two acts are the same. Last year I fused elements of Kung Fu and Tai Chi. I also dealt with a heavy dose of stage fright and boy did that show.

This time around my goal is to be emotionally wide open on stage, intense, messy, expressive, and have the audience and judges along for the ride. Yes I'm nervous but I'm not scared at all. I'm using a blend of my bellydance vocabulary with elements of ballet and contemporary dance. The veil is my partner and not being used in the traditional sense of being "pretty pretty princess".

I'm not going there to try to win, I'm going to show myself that the old fears, the old problems have no hold on me any more,I'm using dance to heal myself ,and want to eventually help others do the same. Let the movements bring to light whatever lies under the surface and let it out through the heart, toes and the fingers. When its all said and done the no longer useful energies will be left behind, on the floor, and the spirit will be strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment