Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Who Is This Chick Anyway?

Hello there and welcome to my blog! I'm currently a few weeks into a new journey in my life, a Master's in Holistic Health Education. Already I've reworked my definitions of the words Holistic, Integral, & Spiritual. I've started to expand my understanding of several world religions and gaining awareness of what my own spiritual path might be after years of avoiding much of anything because nothing felt like it fit.

However I'm more than just a student; I've been married for 16+ years, in a polyamorous relationship, have two lovely daughters, an avid student of Middle Eastern Dance, and love to explore my artistic side on projects ranging from charcoal portraits to helping build pieces of a rocketship that went to Burning Man last summer.

I've chosen the "last name" of Asiya as it means "one who heals" in Arabic. I've done a lot of personal healing through dance, love, and spiritual exploration in the last few years and now want to carry that forward to other people.

Welcome and I encourage any comments or questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment